Thursday, February 2, 2012

31°

i was determined to have a chill day today :)
have seven patients in my name. and students helping me out. (and vice versa)
it started all right. then..
1 hour to go before my duty ends. it happened.
one of my patient was screaming in pain. and i was rushing to give her, her pain meds. trying to calm her down.
it was an aweful scene. what the hell happened to my patient? i checked up on her 30 mins prior to the event. and she was okay. she was smiling at me. talking to me calmly. now she was screaming her head off in pain.
we spent 30 mins trying to calm her down. trying to assist her.
but it wasn't over. my next patient was for OR. sigh. i started to rush things. sigh.
what the hell was happening? 1 hour tooo goo?!? i was about to finish an almost great shift. what the hell happened?

i guess they were right, you shouldn't count your chickens until the eggs hatch.. or something like that. 1 hour to go and i was celebrating thinking i had a great duty. but everything came down to the last hour. lesson learned again.

lesson learned.

i got home, super tired. ate merienda and tried to sleep everything that had happened. if it was only possible to sleep till my contract ends. but.. i still had to wake up that night and call the station just to ask for my sked.

i woke up earlier than expected. got me a bit cranky. its not only because someone woke me up earlier, but it was the fact that maybe i dint want to wake up at all after what had happened. i knew i said my side. but if they wont believe me, i was gladly to write my first IR.
soo i tried calling and calling the station. First i called station 1 by mistake. when i finally contacted station 4, i think it was sir Renz that answered. i asked for my duty the next day.
6am again. sigh. i wasn't excited at all. i felt a huge burden on my shoulders. i hated hearing my patients scream in pain like that. i felt my own back breaking.

No one in station 4 knew how terrified i am with anything connected to ortho and the pain management afterwards. that was also the reason that i kept insisting my patient to have her nubain. cause i dont want to see her screaming like that ever again. i was terrified of it. it was an improvement i dint pass out during her SEVERE PAIN episode (be proud of me C2!! :) )
sigh.. another day tomorrow.
wish me luck

01-31-12

No comments:

Post a Comment